Buying a printer for any reason can be difficult when you consider the number of brands offering reliable options at all price points. This shopping process can become even more difficult when you are in search of the best printer for iPad.
Not only should you be able to use this printer for all of your devices but it should also specifically have the connectivity for you to print directly from your mobile devices.
To help you know which features and aspects of a printer are the most important, we have developed this guide.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying an iPad Printer
- What Features Do You Need the Printer to Have? Of course having a printer that connects and is compatible with your iPad is a must, but many printers now come as multi-purpose machines that can serve all of your office and personal needs. You should consider whether you would like a printer that includes a scanner, fax machine and photo printing abilities based on your usage.
- How Much Space Do You Have for the Printer? Even the best printer for iPad options come in many different shapes and sizes. Each printer weighs in differently and comes with unique dimensions that may or may not fit into the space you have allocated. As most users will be using the iPad printing at home, the printers are smaller and will fit on a tabletop but there are business-friendly options that are larger and can handle high volumes of printing more easily.
Top 6 Printer for iPads Table
Things You Should Know About the Best Printer for iPad
It is important to remember that having an iPad compatible printer is only one feature that you will need the machine to have. It should also have all of the desirable features that you would expect from any printer.
- Quality. Not only should the build quality of the printer be sturdy and durable but the standard of the printing and the images should be top notch.
- Ink. Of course each printer will require a certain amount of ink, but choosing a machine that uses it the most efficiently will save you money and lower the overall total cost of ownership.
- Speed. This is an issue with many smaller, home printers as they do not even come close to the speed of office printers. If you will be printing occasionally then this will not weigh too heavily on your decision but those that do a lot of printing know how important speed can be.
Top 3 Printers for iPads Reviews
The HP Envy 4520 All-in-One is everything that you could want from a home printer. It has a touch screen and slide menu on the first page and a retractable paper holder.
The first thing that you will notice is how easy it is to set up by both the USB and the Wi-Fi connection. It only takes a few minutes to do this and less than 10 seconds to print a document.
Even though this machine was not specifically built for heavy printing, it handles any job really well and does so without compromising the quality of the print.
The HP Officejet Pro x476dw All-in-One has auto wireless connect printing, 2-sided printing, scanning and a large capacity paper tray too.
Even with a wide range of features, this machine is surprisingly easy to set up and use. The first thing you will really notice about this machine is the speed in terms of printing and connectivity.
Whether you use all of the intricate features or just use this machine for standard printing jobs, you will be blown away by the performance and the quality.
The Canon Pixma MX922 Wireless Office All-in-One is a great all-around printer to have in your home and it is the best printer for iPad use too, which makes it incredibly versatile.
Whether you are a fan of the brand or not, this printer will make you fall in love with the Canon name. For the low price and the quality, you really cannot go wrong.
The features are perfect for home use and the wireless printing is easy for everyone in the house to use from any and every device they have. This is something that makes things like the quick printing of recipes a task that takes just moments.