"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
A 140mm case fan is the quietest and most efficient option for gamers on a budget, especially compared to 120mm case fans and liquid cooling systems.
If your computer tower case has the ability to support them, they can be great additions to your computer’s overall cooling system, whether you can fit one 140mm case fan or three.
There are a lot to choose from, however, making finding the best 140mm case fan a tough task, but our guide will help clear up any doubts you may have.
We’ll help you find the right 140mm case fan for your computer and provide you with detailed reviews of the top three products that our experts recommend.
Top Ten 140mm Case Fans Table
Cooling Your Rig: What to Look for in a 140mm Case Fan
As a PC gamer, especially one who’s looking to build their own computer, you should never forget the importance of cooling, making purchasing the proper or best 140mm case fan quite important.
- Number of Fans Needed. The computer tower case, or the case that surrounds the entire body of your computer, will dictate the number of fans you can put on your PC.
You might need less or more fans than your PC tower case can accommodate.
- Size Specifications of External Case. This is one of the main factors that determines whether a 140mm is the correct fan for you – some cases only accommodate 120mm case fans, due to the size of their fan slots!
- 3-Pin or 4-Pin Fan. A 3-pin fan is a fan that only features one, non-adjustable speed, whereas a 4-pin fan can be adjusted through the use of certain software on your computer.
We’d recommend a 4-pin fan; you’ll be able to optimize your PC’s cooling as well as its airflow, power usage, and overall efficiency!
- Ideal for Certain Parts. Some case fans are specifically designed for cooling certain parts of your computer, such as your GPU (Graphics processing unit) and radiator, especially if you have a liquid cooling system installed.
- Noise. Nobody wants to hear a “whirring” noise consistently while they game or work, which is why it’s important to pay attention to the decibel rating of any 140mm case fan you’re considering purchasing.
- Efficient Airflow. All airflows aren’t created equal – you’ll want a case fan that’s powerful but not to the point where it sucks in unwanted dust, dirt, and exterior contaminants.
- Color, Illumination, and Other Extras. Many 140mm case fans are colored, illuminated, or designed with certain features meant to make stand out from other fans.
Whether you’re into this is entirely based on personal preference!
Top 3 Best 140mm Case Fan Reviews
The Noctua NF-A14 is a potent addition to any PC gamer’s computer cooling system – it’s loaded with a 4-pin connection allowing for customizable fan speed, anti-vibration pads, and innovative design features that enhance things such as airflow, noise, and overall efficiency.
Its 4-pin connection makes it possible to adjust its speed based on personal or PC preferences – if you’re using too much power, you can slow the fan down.
The NF-A14 features “Suction side flow acceleration channels”, channels which help increase the surface area of the largest blades, thus increasing the overall efficiency of the 140mm case fan.
There’s so much more as well, but we’ll highlight the durability of this case fan, due to its frame being composed entirely of brass.
The Noctua NF-A14 is, most likely, the best 140mm case fan you’ll be able to get your hands on today. It’s loaded with a durable brass frame, features that enhance its airflow, and a 4-pin connection that allows for customizable fan speed.
This 140mm case fan will be one of the quietest ways to cool your PC tower; it’s optimized to operate without you noticing! On top of its silence, it’s outfitted with a durable brass frame, anti-vibration pads, and much more.
It’s designed with air channel grooves on each fan blade, drastically improving the efficient flow of cool air from the outside to the inside.
While they come with low-noise adapters to further reduce the sound of the fans, you might not even need them; the NF-A14 FLX is extraordinarily quiet, to begin with.
The only thing we’d note is the color, a dull brown/beige, which isn’t the most pleasing or complimenting of colors to have on display on your computer tower.
Color aside, this 140mm case fan is a great buy – it’s outfitted with a durable brass frame, it’s entirely noiseless, and it’s incredibly efficient.
This Cougar 140mm case fan is a roaringly exquisite addition to anyone’s PC, and we aren’t just saying that because of its name! It’s colored a brilliant shade of neon green, features “claws” that divert airflow and increase its efficiency, and combines this efficiency with sheer power.
Its silence is quite impressive, even when it’s used in different parts of the PC such as the radiator. You can work for hours on end, and the noise won’t get to your head.
The frame will easily fit into the tower case of most PCs; the CFD14HBG is outfitted with rubber feet that make its fit both easy and secure.
You’ll find that the noise will increase slightly if you install these fans on the front intake, especially compared to them being installed on your computer’s GPU.
Don’t hesitate to buy this Cougar 140mm case fan, however; it’s silent, fits well in place, and contains features that drastically boost both its efficiency and power.