Nothing ruins a wonderful day quite like a swarm of annoying bugs; they bring itchy bites, nasty stings and let’s not forget that some even carry diseases.
There are all kinds of options to keep bugs at bay, and the sprays and homemade remedies don’t seem to be working, then it’s time to try out a bug zapper.
With all of the options for bug obliteration out there, it’s difficult to know exactly what you need. Narrowing down your options before you start your search can be helpful, which is why we’ve compiled all of our useful tips, information and reviews into this handy guide!
Here, you can compare and contrast the best bug zapper products side by side, so head on down and take a look in order to find the right one for your budget!
Things to Consider
Here are a few things to consider while shopping:
- Indoor or Outdoor? Where will you be using your bug zapper? Using indoor or outdoor zappers in an environment where they weren’t intended to be used is dangerous.
- Range. Bug zappers come equipped to attract bugs in a predetermined range. Check the range on the zapper to make sure it will be sufficient for your needs.
- Cleaning. Bug zappers can be messy, really messy. It can be rewarding to get rid of all those annoying bugs. But remember, you have to clean those bugs out of your zapper. Here’s a tip: Vertical bulbs are the easiest to clean!
Top 10 Bug Zappers Ultimate Table
Not sure what to look for as you shop? Start with these main features.
- Wattage. All bug zappers come with a different wattage level. Check to make sure the level is compatible with your needs.
- Safety. Be sure to follow the packaging directions and use bug zappers in the areas where they are intended to be used. Make sure electric components are encased and well out of the reach of children and pets.
- Chemicals. Some bug zappers use chemicals to attract insects. Be aware of which chemicals are in your zapper and keep them away from people and food.
- Quality. Look for products that are made out of high quality materials. They should be able to withstand the elements (if you’ll be using them outside) and should be easy to maintain and clean.
Top 3 Best Bug Zapper Reviews
This is a great option for portable bug zapping, it’s great for indoor or outdoor patio use. A powerful 2,000-volt grid eliminates flying insects anywhere you can find them. You can plug into any USB device to charge the battery, which makes it handy when you’re on the go.
The bright LED light allows you to use the zapper both day and night. Just touch the button on the handle to activate the zapper and you’ll be on your way to a bug free evening! Safety is a priority with a genius three-layer mesh grill, which keeps your hands (and other body parts!) protected if you accidently touch the zapper while it’s activated.
Zap-it! guarantees their bug zappers and offers a lifetime replacement guarantee, so you can buy this zapper knowing you’ll be able to use a great quality product to get rid of pesky bugs for the rest of your life! This product is portable, rechargeable and easy to use, making it one of the best bug zappers on the market!
This black lantern-style outdoor light is perfect for keeping bugs at bay around the outside of your home, business or outdoor building. It provides a luring range of one acre and has a total power of 40 watts; it’s a powerful tool for controlling insect problems.
It does a great job of attracting insects both day and night and is weather proofed so it can withstand the elements. It comes with mosquito attractant to keep your home or workplace safe from disease carrying insects. Bulbs are installed vertically to make clean up a breeze.
It plugs in and doesn’t use batteries or need to be charged, which is a great time saver. They are made in the USA and are a long lasting high quality option for insect control.
This indoor bug zapper protects up to 6,000 square feet of indoor space from all types of flies and insects. It’s perfect for personal or commercial use, whether you want to use it at home, in a school, in a kitchen, hospital or industrial areas.
A high voltage 20-watt metal grid instantly kills flies and insects as they are attracted to the device through ultra-bright blue UV bulbs. They die as soon as they make contact with the electrified grid and dead bugs fall into a collection tray that is removable and easy to clean, ensuring this system is efficient indoor use.
Setup is easy: you just have to plug in the bug zapper and it will immediately start to get rid of unwanted, pesky bugs. The design is discreet and appealing, so it will blend into any space. This model comes with chains, enabling it to hang, or it can also sit on a flat surface.