Graduation can be an exciting yet difficult time. On the one hand, you feel triumphant and joyful for having survived college, yet on the other hand, you’re saying goodbye to your friends and leaving the place which was practically your home.
So, to celebrate the start of the adventure you are about to embark upon, we have created this amazing guide of best college graduation gifts which has some awesome stuff you or your graduating friend will actually use.
Top 10 College Graduation Gifts Table
How to Choose the Perfect Gift
If you want to get the best college graduation gifts, here are some practical tips to help you choose the right gift for your graduating friend or family member.
- Prioritize Needful Items First. People graduating from college will have a hard time transitioning and will welcome help in any form. Their first priority will probably be getting an apartment or a place to stay. And as such, you should try to get something which will be useful for their home.
- Think of Their Interests. Everyone is into something. Either the graduate in your life watches lots of TV Shows, likes to write a lot or is a fitness junkie. So, look back in the years and try gain some perspective as to what they really like. Doing a bit of brainstorming will surely help you find the perfect gift.
- Give Them a Few Gifts. What’s better than getting one gift? Getting two, of course! Graduation is a very special time of a person’s life. As such, instead of giving them one gift, get them two: one that would be useful and practical, and one that would provide hours of fun!
- Be Creative. There’s nothing more delightful than getting a gift you didn’t think you would need, and then being unable to live without it. So, use your creativity and give them something unimaginable yet so useful that your graduating pal remembers you fondly for many years.
- Decide on Your Budget. Before you get started on a graduation gift hunt, set up a budget for yourself. This will help you a lot in deciding what to spend on and whether you should get more than one gift. Make your budget a bit flexible as well. After all, you don’t want them to end up with many of cheap gifts or just one lousy gift.
Top 3 Best College Graduation Gifts Chart
The poem in this book is written by the highly lovable Dr. Seuss, the author behind critically acclaimed children’s stories such as ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ and ‘How The Grinch Stole Christmas’.
If you’re wondering why a children’s book is listed as a graduation gift, it’s simply because of how masterfully Dr. Seuss is able to create a poem which relates to each person’s personal struggles in life and inspires them to move forward.
The book serves as a pick-me-up when things a looking down and clears your mind when you’re giddy with success. So, due to its sheer awesomeness, delightful rhymes and incredible illustrations, ‘Oh, The Places You’ll Go!’ certainly tops our list of best graduation gifts ever!
Everybody should have their own journal. Because when starting your new adventure, whether a career, a family or a journey, you should note down all the good and bad that happens. This is because we all crave success, and a journal will always remind you how far you’ve come and how far there is to go.
And for this particular reason, this unique journal is a must buy. It is made from real vintage leather, which give in an original creased look. Its papers have a cool, sturdy feel and are uneven. This is not due to any manufacturing fault. This is due to the fact that it is genuinely handmade from the best craftsmen in India.
But what makes it stand out of the crowd is a beautiful (and artificial) jewel set in the middle of the leather cover. This, plus its vintage look and feel, make this one of the best graduation gifts for a graduate looking to start their journey and jot down their adventures.
This, in addition to being a great graduation gift, also is a necessity for college graduates and a gift they will appreciate the most. After all; a lot of blood, sweat and tears were shed by them to reach this position and get a degree. Which is why they certainly won’t let it sit around in a desk drawer but will be looking to show it off to the world in its full glory.
This is where this excellent picture frame comes in. Its exterior is made from a soft yet high quality mahogany polished wood. In its interior is a soft fabric layer which can be customized to the color of your college. Even its mahogany frame comes in a variety of finishes for you to choose: Mahogany/gold, black/gold, walnut/gold and brandy.
The frame itself can house 11×8.5 diploma, a 5×7” graduation photo with ‘class of (insert graduating year)’ embroidered underneath and by its side, a gold tassel from the graduation cap. This makes it an all-in-one solution to showcase your degree and the best college graduation gift you can get for any graduate.