If you’re sick and tired of having sore feet that slow you down and have you in pain all day long, then maybe it’s time you got yourself a foot massager. There’s nothing quite like taking your shoes off and having your feet pampered by your very own personal masseuse every afternoon.
Going to massage parlors is expensive, yet you can have just as good a treatment in the comfort of your own home. Not only do you never have to pay for a foot massage again, you’ll be bouncing around town with new feet!
Here we take a detailed look at the top ten best foot massager in the market today and review our favorite five.
When you’re considering a foot massager for your home or office there are two main types to choose from. Firstly, you’ll want to decide whether a powered or unpowered model is right for you.
- Powered models do all the work for you, just slip your foot into the sleeve or onto the massage pads and relax. The machine will work hard on your feet to get rid of any knots, aches or pains in no time. Just remember that it won’t work at all unless it’s plugged in!
- Unpowered models are far simpler in their construction and require you to move your feet around them. The good part about this is that you have full control over how much pressure and where your foot is being massaged so you get the perfect treatment every time.
Top 10 Foot Massagers Comparison Table
|1. TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller||Natural wood, no power needed, portable, durable, lifetime guarantee||$||4.7|
|2. Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager with Switchable Heat||Independent foot massage and heating, deep kneading, washable cloth||$$$$||4.5|
|3. Belmint Deep-Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager||Sole massage only, deep knead, 18 massage nodes||$$||4.5|
|4. TheraFlow Foot Massager Roller - Relieve Foot Arch Pain||Natural wood, no power needed, portable, durable, lifetime guarantee||$||4.4|
|5. Beurer Foot Massager With Built in Heat Function||18 massage nodes, sole massage only, 2 speeds, soothing heat||$$||4.4|
|6. Body Back Company’s Footstar Massage Ball||Portable, eco-friendly, 30-day refund||$||4.3|
|7. Homedics FMS-270H Deep Kneading Shiatsu ||18 massage nodes, soothing heat, deep knead||$||4.0|
|8. uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager 2.0, Silver ||5 speeds, kneading or vibrating style massage, washable fabric||$||3.9|
|9. Naturalico Shiatsu Massager – Kneading Massage Therapy||Soothing heat, massage nodes, can be used anywhere including feet||$$||3.8|
|10. 3Q MG-F18 Foot Massager with Shiatsu, Kneading, Air pressure||Shiatsu, vibration, air pressure and heating function, 3 levels||$$$||3.8|
Buying the best foot massager isn’t an easy task. After you’ve decided between powered and unpowered models, there are plenty more options to choose from.
Let’s take a look at the most important features here:
- Shiatsu. Almost every foot massager has Shiatsu massage techniques incorporated into its system somehow. It’s easy to see why with the effectiveness of this massage method in mechanically kneading out knots and pains.
- Air Pressure. Can be useful for soothing comfort around your feet and to stimulate blood flow between kneading massages. If you have poor circulation or are concerned about toxic substances building up in your feet then air pressure can help stimulate blood flow and alleviate your worries.
- Vibration. Functions help to warm up your muscles before kneading begins. It’s also a great way to cool down and release any leftover tension after a deep kneading massage.
- Heat. Can be one of the best methods for stimulating blood flow and unknotting painful knots in your feet. Our feet are the furthermost part of our body from our heart and are often cold. Having heat to stimulate our blood flow and wake up cold muscles can shorten recovery times and boost immune function.
- Speeds. Allow you to choose how powerful or intense you’d like your massage session to be. Some days your feet will be so sore that only a light massage feels comfortable, whilst others a more deep sensation is preferred. Having the ability to customize your massage as needed is preferred.
- Reflexology. Systems help you release tension and toxins in not just your feet, but the rest of your body as well. Reflexology is an ancient healing system that works on the principle of certain points in your feet being directly related to organs and areas in your body. Releasing tension in these points on your foot is said to stimulate and heal the other areas in your body.
Top 5 Best Foot Massager Reviews
Who would have thought that a foot massager that doesn’t have any of the fancy features you’d expect would come in at first place on our list. You’d be making a big mistake if you assumed this device couldn’t deliver a soothing or deep tissue massage.
Instead, it surprised even our reviewers. For such a simple device that is made from 100% wood and works via a series of rolling drums, this foot massager works better than even expensive mechanical models.
Yet it doesn’t vibrate, heat up use air pressure or even move massage nodes around – it works entirely from slight movements you control as you rock your foot back and forth over the drums.
There are plenty of knock off models of this type of foot massager on the market, but there is only one truly amazing model – the TheraFlow. Don’t settle for anything less or you’ll be deeply disappointed.
If you want to feel the fingers of your masseuse on your feet and not have to do a thing, then this foot massager is the perfect model for you. Not only do each of the individual massage nodes feel like fingers twirling and massaging your feet, but your feet will stay toasty warm throughout the whole massage.
There are two-speed settings that allow you to customize the pressure and speed to your massage to exactly how you prefer. This model is well made and very sturdy, our only pet hate was that it has no on/off button and has to be unplugged from the wall after use to turn it off.
For a foot massager that is easy to use this ticks all the boxes and in addition, it also gives a fantastic foot massage. We’re able to turn this machine on and off using our foot on the big button at the top of the machine, making it incredibly easy to use.
The heat delivered from this model is a very comfortable temperature and never gets too hot, even with extended use. There are a lot of Shiatsu massage balls built into the machine, which gives your feet a full foot massage. Our only dislike is that this machine is a little on the heavy side and isn’t the easiest thing to move about. So pick somewhere to set it up and leave it there.
Just like our top pick, this foot massager is a simple design that shines. You’ll need a flat non-slip surface such as carpet to use this device with ease. There is one singular rolling drum that you can glide your foot over to massage the sole of your feet.
If you travel a lot this is the easiest and most portable foot massager to take with you. Not only can you take it with you as carry on or in your pocket, it can be used on your hands as well.
When struck with feet ache sometimes you just need a machine that you can sit back and relax with – this is your new best friend. We’ve been using this model every day since we got it 2 weeks ago and boy does it do a great job.
Unlike more expensive models that fully enclose your feet, the open style of this model enables you to control the pressure and positioning of your feet during your massage. Making it the best foot massager for sensitive feet.