It’s easy to have a love/hate relationship with gel pens. When they are good, they are really good (you can’t beat dark pigmented lines and the way they flow across paper), but when they’re bad, they’re awful (clogged pens and smeared ink anyone?)!
That’s why your search for the best gel pens ends here!
Finding the perfect gel pens can be a challenge; when you have to search for tip sizes and hard-to-find colors, wading through the millions of pens for sale can be overwhelming.
We’ve compiled tips, suggestions and reviews in order to help narrow down the options for you and to help you find gel pens of your dreams.
Our dream gel pen is pink and sparkly; it magically writes for us while we sleep (we wish). What do you want yours to do?
Scroll down to find reviews!
Things to Consider
Here are a few things to consider before you choose new gel pens:
- Tip Size. Pen tips come in various sizes. If you’ll be coloring or scrap booking you may need an extra fine tip. Be sure to double check sizes to make sure they meet your needs.
- Drying Out. The ink in gel pens –especially the kind used for art projects— can dry out quickly, check reviews to make sure the ink is high quality and be sure to keep the lids on your pens when not in use.
- Colors. Gel pens are all about awesome colors, but they can be hard to find. If you’re looking for elusive colors, check out #3 in our table. If you’re looking for a great gel pen in a professional color, try #2.
Top 10 Gel Pens Ultimate Table
While shopping for gel pens may seem like a no brainer, there are a few specific things to pay attention to if you want to purchase some good one.
- Quality. You’ll use your pens often, so be sure to opt for high quality products so that you can focus on your work and not on a dry pen.
They should be sturdy, they shouldn’t clog and they should allow the ink to flow across the page seamlessly.
- Comfort. A lot of pens have a comfort grip: a small piece of rubber to make using them for long periods of time more comfortable. If you’re using your pens for coloring or art, it should be relaxing; it’s important to make sure they don’t hurt your hands while you’re using them.
Top 3 Best Gel Pens Reviews
If you’re looking for a high quality set of gel pens for writing, drawing, taking notes, or of course, coloring, this set is perfect!
These pens are long lasting, non-toxic, acid free and water based, they are safe for anyone to use. The set includes 48 non-duplicated colors and 48 coded ink refills. Each pen has a transparent barrel that is labeled with the color name and code and a comfort grip for extended support and hours of comfortable use.
The tip features a fine 0.8mm- 1.0mm ballpoint for smooth and precise application. It doesn’t catch or jump on the paper like some gel pens and the ink has great fluidity.
These pens are perfect for artists both young and old; they are high quality and long lasting, making them the best gel pens for anyone who wants to add a little more color into their life!
These pens are a tried and true classic. If you’re looking for a gel pen that looks professional and can handle its own in any situation, you don’t need to look any further.
Pilot has created a pen that writes longer than the average top branded gel ink pens, so it is superior in performance and in appearance. Add in their Dynamic Gel Ink Formula and you have a smooth, smear proof pen, perfect for any situation.
A comfortable grip and convenient, stylish clip make this a pen you’ll want to hold on to all day. It writes smooth, feels sturdy in your hand and doesn’t catch on paper. This retractable pen comes in seven different color choices (it’s so great they won’t make you choose just one!) and it’s refillable.
This is another great choice for artists, note taking or coloring. This set of 48 gel pens comes with a vibrant case, extended color selections and a money back guarantee.
They’ve provided some rare colors in the mix, which gives them an advantage over other gel pen sets, and each pen has 45% more ink to prevent the pen drying out in the middle of projects. The acid free, non-toxic ink provides silky smooth application; even with a fine point tip there is no clogging.
The case provided is adorable and does a great job of storing the gel pens. They are easy to access while drawing or coloring and still keep everything organized and contained.
If you need a great quality set with bonus colors that are difficult to find, this set of gel pens is a great choice. It is a great value set that offers choices that other gel pens can’t!