Best Laser Printer for Mac 2020
There are so many advantages to getting a laser printer rather than an inkjet but once you have made the decision to upgrade, there is even more research to do.
Of course you want to get the best laser printer for Mac computers to go along with your existing system but you should also aim for one that will perform for your specific needs.
To help you make this decision, we have put together a guide of the most important details to consider. After reviewing this guide, you will be more than equipped with the details needed to choose the perfect printer.
Features to Think About
- Connectivity. Connecting your laser printer to your Mac can be done in a few different ways. USB cable connection is the standard for most printers on the market but you should also consider whether or not the printer you are choosing has an Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection. This will allow you to connect the printer to the network to print wirelessly. This is especially important if you are sharing the printer with other Mac users or if you will not be working in a home office.
- Printing Speed- Pages per Minute (Ppm). The number of pages that a printer can churn out in a minute is often only important if you will be printing in large quantities. You should consider your need but also know that more pages per minute doesn’t necessarily mean that it is the best printer for Mac or the highest quality option.
Top 6 Laser Printers for Mac Table
|Picture||Name||Pages per minute||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome||27||$$$||4.5|
|2. HP M252dw LaserJet Pro||19||$||4.2|
|3. Dell E525W Color Laser All-in-One||18||$$$||4.2|
|4. Brother HL-3170CDW Digital Color Printer||23||$$$$||4.1|
|5. Samsung Wireless Monochrome Printer||20||$$||4.1|
|6. Canon imageCLASS MF227dw||28||$$$||4.1|
Picking the Best Laser Printer for Mac
The very best laser printer for Mac is the one that is efficient and easy to use but also meets your specific needs and preferences. Ask yourself the following:
- What Kind of Printing Will You Be Doing? Depending on your answer, it might be easier to choose between a monochrome or color printer. A color printer will also produce black and white options but they will cost more.
The kind of printing that you will be doing might also be dictated by the paper handling options that you need. If you work in an office and might be required to print on envelopes or A3-sized paper then you should ensure the printer you choose is set up for exactly that.
- Which Additional Functions Are Important to You? On top of the printing that you will be doing you will need to consider whether or not you would also like a scanner, copier and fax machine all in one or if a simple laser printer would be more suitable.
Top 3 Best Laser Printers for Mac Reviews
1. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome
The Brother HL-L2300C printer is an inexpensive and easy-to-use machine that is great to use in a small home office. The fact that this printer is so straightforward in set up and changing toner and cartridges makes it the best printer for Mac right away.
This is an unusual printer as it uses hi-speed USB connectivity. This means that you are quickly able to plug in and print without having to wait for the router and the printer to communicate wirelessly.
There are ways however that you can use this printer wirelessly if you have the right router to connect, such as the Apple Airport Express.
2. HP M252dw LaserJet Pro
HP is an incredibly reliable brand for any kind of device and the HP M252dw is no exception. Up to 5 users can connect this this printer wirelessly from any kind of computer that supports wireless printing.
With incredible speed, and even the possibility for mobile printing, this printer is one that is versatile enough to meet all of your needs whether it will be used for work at home or for school projects.
When you consider the speed of the printing as well as the different features, such as 2-sided printing and business apps, you really can’t go wrong.
3. Dell E525W Color Laser
The Dell E525W is a printer that you will be happy you spent your money on. It is easy to set up on any system so you know you will quickly be able to use it.
If you are upgrading from a lesser model to the best laser printer for Mac then the first thing that you will notice is that the Dell E525W doesn’t jam up. Every page comes out just as you printed it. Loading the paper is simple too and the printer can always detect and use the paper even when there is only one page loaded.
This would be a great model for anyone that has a small business, home office or if they need a printer for heavier personal use.