Anyone that is just starting to appreciate the wonders of a massage will inevitably be looking for the perfect oil. This may seem like a simple task at first but the majority of first-time buyers become quickly overwhelmed.
The reason for this is that there is a huge range of choices. Not only are there oils which are specialized for various types of massage but there are countless aromas and consistencies available. Navigating this selection for the first time will often put people off home-massage completely.
To avoid this happening to you, we have created this easy-to-use guide. It contains the top ten available massage oils on the market and a great range of expert tips. By the time you are finished reading, you will know exactly which massage oil you should get.
What to Keep in Mind
- When and Where. If you have access to a shower then you will be able to buy a heavier oil, as this type certainly needs to be washed off before putting on clothes.
- Allergies. Even some of the best massage oil options can be damaging to specific skin types. Make sure you check all of the ingredients and note all of the possible contents that you might be allergic to.
- Scent. Most buyers will turn to scented oil and this is highly recommended but it is also crucial to be careful when choosing a scent. It should be pleasant but not overpowering. The best way to check is to consult expert reviews and see what they say about the aroma of the oil.
Top 10 Massage Oils Comparison Table
Choosing the Greatest Massage Oil from All Options
Massage oils can be a confusing array of different products, but once you understand their different purposes it becomes easier to navigate the selection. On our list, we have included the intended use of the different oils. Here they are explained in more detail:
- Sensual. These are specially designed for couples that would like to massage one another. Several of the oils on our list that are designated as sensual, also double as a lubricant. These products often have a more exotic smell, rather than a relaxing aroma.
- Warming. For those that really want to get into their muscles, this is the perfect option. This oil will gently warm the skin and this heat can be used to get out even more knots.
- Soothing. This is very similar to the oil that provides a warming effect, except the soothing variety will work to take away aches and pains.
- Hydrating. If you are concerned about your skin and keeping it healthy, then getting a hydrating oil is absolutely necessary.
- Anti-Cellulite. This is a very carefully designed massage oil and often comes packed with a whole range of hydrating and soothing properties, as well as performing is main attributed function.
- Aromatherapy. For a more traditional massage experience, there is no finer option than an oil packed with a range of aromatic characteristics.
Top 5 Best Massage Oil Reviews
Ocean Sensuals is a 2-in-1 massage oil and personal lubricant. This is an oil that is smooth and glides easily as you massage away. This also means that there is no interruption when you want to transition from massage to being intimate.
One of the benefits of buying this oil over others is the fact that you really only need a very small amount to be effective and to last for a long time. With a little oil in your hand, you can massage an entire body for a long period of time without needing to reapply.
This is not the least expensive option but when you consider how little you actually use for each massage; the cost is actually not an issue. This is mainly due to the fact that the oil is made with silicone. This makes it last longer and makes it higher quality.
Massage Oil Pure Body Naturals is unique in that it has been made to visibly reduce cellulite and though this is something that does take time, it really does do what it claims to do. You can use this on any part of your body and it helps to keep your skin tighter and moisturized too. On sensitive and cellulite prone areas, this is also a very delicate product to use.
This is actually a great option that has benefits for those that just want generally good oil for working out aches and knots. This solution is made to tighten the skin as well as soothe the muscles beneath. This oil works great on the thighs as well as the lower back for relaxation.
Considering the soothing scent and the value for money, this is a really good buy for anyone that is trying out oils for the first time or for anyone that wants to add a reliable oil to an existing collection without breaking the bank.
The Viva Labs Fractionated Coconut Oil is a solution that lets you glide easily over your skin to ease any aches or tension you might have. As this is coconut massage oil it, therefore, has more properties than the average massage oil.
The solution soothes wounds and scrapes and makes a massage much more enjoyable than it would have been without it. The smell is also something that really draws you into buying this exact massage oil again and again. Considering that and the moisturizing qualities, this is massage oil that can be used for a lot of overall health reasons.
The texture of this oil is really smooth and comes out of the pump easily. There are never any clumps that form and this also means that it just gets smoother with the heat of your hands as it is applied.
Some massage oils are made to soothe you with scent or smoothness of the oil but the Weleda Arnica is different. This oil warms and soothes all at once. Of course, it has a pleasant smell that can best be described as natural and clean. This is not, however, the main reason to buy the massage oil.
The fact that this massage oil is completely organic and is warming means that it penetrates through your muscles for deeper and more restorative results. This is a small bottle of the massage oil but you only need a very small amount for an effective massage treatment.
While this oil can be used on your whole body for a great total massage, it is really helpful on specific areas. If you are on your feet all day, then using this oil at the end of the day on your feet is life changing. It moisturizes and takes away any of the fatigue from the day.
Majestic Pure is the best massage oil (in our opinion).
It smells delightful, it’s smooth, easy to use on your skin and it also tightens as well and will help to prevent and eliminate cellulite. Using a very small amount of this oil on any problem area will change the way your skin looks and will also keep your skin totally moisturized.
Regardless of your size, you probably have unwelcome cellulite that you would like to make less visible and this massage oil helps with exactly that. The results you see after using this product cannot be overstated. It is the most natural and least expensive way to give your skin that extra boost it needs.
The generous size of the bottle means that this is also a great deal. You get a lot of massage oil that you can use every day and you get it without breaking the bank too. This means that this is an oil that you can continue to use, not just something that you purchased one time as a treat.