There are a great many arguments for why you should always build your own computer and if you have come to this guide, we’ll just go ahead and assume you’re already on board. What is a little more contested is the quality of a micro ATX motherboard. If you are all for the smaller option, then this guide is for you.
There are a greater number of buyers looking for the best micro ATX case and that has resulted in a boom in the market. This means that there are great products out there but also a lot of poor quality ones.
To help you navigate through these options we have crafted a list of the top ten micro ATX cases and provided a range of tips you will need to choose the right one for you.
What to Consider
For those that are already sold on this type of hardware, a case that fits the size is a necessity. Many buyers make the mistake of thinking that a normal sized case will not be able to accommodate a micro ATX but this isn’t true.
Instead you should be opting for this type of case because of the following reasons:
- Size. This is one of the most common reasons that any buyer will opt for a mATX case. It is a great option for when you have limited space, but still want a computer that packs a punch. On our list, we have included the specific dimensions so you will be able to see if it will fit into your space.
- Style. Another reason to opt for this kind of case is that a lot of the manufacturers created much more impressive designs specifically for this size. It means you will get a better overall look by opting for one of the cases on our list.
- Deals. Due to their smaller size, you will often find that you can get incredible deals on a micro ATX case. This is sometimes due to a clearance sale and these opportunities should certainly be made the most of.
Top 10 Micro ATX Cases Chart
How to Get the Best Micro ATX Case
The main mistake that buyers make when they are getting a micro ATX case is to treat the purchase any differently from buying a normal sized case. You need to make sure you are following the right steps you would have to when buying any computer case.
- Air-Flow. Focus on the design of the case and how the air is pumped in and out. This is especially important with smaller cases, as they will generally be put into more cramped environments that cause greater air-flow problems.
- The Ability to Expand. Any computer builder should be looking to the future of their machine. While this is more difficult with a micro ATX case, it is not impossible. You should carefully think about how you would like to expand later on and if the case allows for this.
- The Vision. What type of computer do you want to build? Small and quiet? Or large and powerful? By keeping this in mind you will be able to choose the case that is perfect for your needs.
Top 5 Best Micro ATX Cases Reviews
One of the most important features to consider when it comes to a tower computer case is the ventilation. Without it, you will be facing huge problems as you use your computer. The Cool Master N200 first and foremost addresses the issue of ventilation and makes it easy to avoid overheating.
In addition to the excellent airflow, this case is easy to install and it is also easy to get all of the necessary cables where they need to be within the case as well as leading out of it. For the price, you really get a good deal with this case.
There is plenty of room inside the case for everything you would need. This capacity is a concern for anyone that is building a computer and needs to ensure everything will fit even before making a purchase.
The Thermaltake Core V31 Liquid Cooling case could not make it any easier for hobbyists or technicians to work and install a computer system inside. The side of the case comes off completely and has a glass plane so you can get inside and then monitor everything through the window as needed.
This is a unique case option in that it has a few more style options that also addresses issues like capacity and ventilation. This case comes in white for a sleeker and more updated look from the traditional black towers.
The layout of the space inside is also something to brag about. The way it is set up means that you can fit in a long PSU if you need to and the motherboard will sit on a tray above. This makes it really easy to make adjustments too.
The first thing you will notice about the NZXT S340 is the steel construction of the case. This is the best Micro ATX case because you know that all of the computer parts inside will be protected and well ventilated at all times.
While this case is heavy duty, it also has the features that you need in a tower like a venting fan and removable sides to get better access to traditionally hard to reach areas. From the outside, this case is sleek and minimalist in style but the window on the side gives you some insight into the workings of the computer.
If the tower will be somewhat on display, there is even enough room inside the case to add LED lighting to make the tower glow when you are working.
The stocky cube design of the Thermaltake CORE V21 Black Extreme makes this one of the most unique cases and also one of the most interestingly designed. The case itself makes it easy to install and work on any of the individual pieces as necessary.
First off, the build quality is immense. This case is made of steel rather than the more traditional aluminum. This means that the machine will be quieter and will not scratch as easily though it does make the overall cost of the case slightly more.
In terms of installation, you can remove all of the different panels. This and the overall ventilation design means that there is no need for added or bulky fans in order to keep the contents cool.
The Rosewill Mini Tower is a lot like a traditional PC tower but one that has been updated to provide more open access from the hinged side panel and more ventilation for the components held within the case.
This is a sleek and durable case but it is affordable as well. If you would rather spend more on the motherboard and the components that actually make the computer rather than the case that will house them, it then this is a great option.
You really don’t compromise on any features or air flow and you still get a great and well-sized tower in the process.