While some people might buy a neck massager to relax, the vast majority of buyers are looking for the ideal product because they are in a lot of pain. Shoppers often rush out and purchase the first one they can find, often resulting in a low-quality product for the cheapest price.
Getting a massage in person really isn’t an option for most of us and that is why a quality neck massager is the perfect alternative. There is a great deal of stress and tension that is held in the neck and shoulder area and it is important to treat this properly.
To help you with your search for the ideal massager, we have collected together the top ten available products and all the information you need to navigate through the options.
Getting the Best Neck Massager for Your Money
While there is a huge range of features that you should consider, we have collected together some of the most important ones for you to keep in mind:
- Flexibility. The best neck and shoulder massager should be flexible so that it can be used in a wide variety of areas.
- Controls. If you would like the massager to perform more than simple tasks, then you should look to the complexity of the controls.
- Heated. Several of the products on our list will provide a soothing heated option. This is ideal for shoulder or neck pain.
- Ergonomics. Look at the design of the massager. Ask yourself will it be easy-to-hold at all times. If it is handheld, then it should also be a comfortable weight.
Top 10 Neck Massagers Ultimate Table
Understanding the Type of Product
Before you take a look at our list, you should know about the various types that are represented there. They include:
- Pillow. This is shaped exactly as it sounds. The user will press their head and neck against the massager and it will put pressure in all of the necessary places. There are two types of the pillow neck massager:
- Horizontally-Based. This is the pillow massager that you lay down to use and the weight of your head on the massage nodes is what does the work.
- Headrest-Strapped. For those that want to have their neck massaged whilst sitting, this is the perfect option. It will strap onto any chair with a headrest, such as a car seat, and this provides much more flexibility to the user.
- Handheld. There is a range of handheld massagers on our list, which is split into corded and cordless. The benefits for each are obvious, but it should be kept in mind that some of the corded products are not as easy to get into the right positions to help certain types of neck tension.
- Seat Cushion. For those that want the ultimate relaxation and relief, you should certainly opt for a full seat cushion massager. While these do not focus on just your neck they provide a combination of massage settings that will suit any user. These cushions strap over a chair and provide a massage chair experience at home.
- Belt. This is the best neck massager for focusing on very specific points. It resembles a towel looped around your neck and you hold onto the ends. You apply the pressure and adjust the massager to where it is needed most.
Top 3 Best Neck Massager Reviews
The convenience and the general comfort that you get from the Zyllion ZMA-13-BK Shiatsu neck massager is really incomparable. First of all, being able to adjust it to fit on the back of basically any chair that you have already makes it worth the cost.
This device has been programmed to heat as well as massage but it never gets too hard or works too roughly on the nodes that really need the extra attention when you are sitting down.
The whole thing is programmed to shut off after 20 minutes, so this is also a massager that you can turn on, use and then forget about when the cycle has finished. You can easily fall asleep while this works on your neck and wake up refreshed.
The Pure-Wave CM7 is the massager that can get to your neck in just the way that you want it to. It is really comfortable to hold and really easy to use on hard to reach places. One of the things that makes this the best neck massager is the fact that it is powerful and cordless.
The rechargeable battery means that you don’t waste money on replacements and you don’t have to be restricted by a cord, either. The vibrations can help with muscle tension, knots and general pains.
Even though this is not the cheapest option on the market, the effectiveness and the money you will save on massages by professionals over time makes it a bargain. Being able to work out your own kinks is also a huge plus as you don’t have to wait for an opening with a massage therapist or endure a day of work without any help.
The Pure-Wave CM5 Extreme is so straightforward to use and so effective that it is actually surprising the first time that you use it. This is a hand held massager that actually works in a similar way that an appointment with a massage therapist would.
This is one of the most professional options you could go for as it is powerful and has been built to last. It will last over time and for many uses but even on a single charge, this massager will last for almost three hours without stopping.
It should be noted that this is a tool that comes with various tips for different kinds of neck massages that you would like to perform on yourself or someone else. This is also massager that is suitable to use with oils and gels.