Best Printers Under $100 of 2020
Relatively cheap printers are now being made with the same features and high quality printing capabilities of more expensive options. If you want a printer that you can rely on for your daily or home office needs then there are plenty to choose from that come in at less than $100.
The affordable printers are improving but not all of them can be held to the same standard. This can make it difficult to choose the best printer for your money and your specific needs.
Features to Consider When Buying a Printer Under $100
The first thing you will need to decide is which kind of printer you need. The different types include:
- Inkjet. This is a printer that generally produces higher quality photographs than other kinds. The ink for these printers tend to also be cheaper than the other options so the total cost of ownership will be kept lower. These printers are best for home use.
- Laser. Laser printers are for more frequent use as they are known for being able to print more quickly. These two things make this a good printer for a demanding user in the home or at the office. The initial price of a laser printer will be higher than other options but the toner will last longer than ink cartridges, which will lower the cost over the life of the printer.
- All-in-One. This kind of printer means that there are also scanning and copying capabilities that come in the one machine. These kinds of printers can come with either laser or ink usage. This is an ideal printer for those that need all of these features at home in one compact package.
Top 6 Printers Under $100 Table
|Picture||Name||Best Feature||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer with Duplex Printing||Prints up to 27 pages per minute.||$$$||4.5|
|2. HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Color Photo Printer with Wireless & Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready. (F1J03A)||Compact size.||$$$$||4.5|
|3. Samsung Wireless Monochrome Printer (SL-M2020W/XAA)||AirPrint with mobile devices.||$$$$||4.1|
|4. Epson Expression Home XP-320 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner & Copier||Includes scanner and copier.||$$||3.9|
|5. Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer||Wireless and mobile printing.||$$$||3.9|
|6. Canon MX492 Wireless All-IN-One Small Printer with Mobile or Tablet Printing, Airprint and Google Cloud Print Compatible||AirPrint with mobile devices.||$||3.9|
Buying the Best Printer Under $100
When opting to buy a less expensive printer, you should never settle for lesser features. You should go about buying the printer that suits your needs first with the price in mind throughout the process. Consider the following:
- Wireless. Most users will need this feature more than anything else. You should consider whether the printer you are choosing can print wirelessly from a laptop, from any mobile device with AirPrint or both.
- PPM. In the printer world this stands for “pages per minute.” This is important when you need to print large batches or when speed is important. The best printer under $100 will generally be able to print between 20-30 pages per minute.
- Ink/Toner. This is a cost that you will have throughout the life of the printer and something that will affect the initial price of the machine.
Top 3 Printers Under $100 Reviews
1. Brother HLL2300D
The Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer is one of the best laser options out there for less. This affordable option not only comes with the lower initial cost but the money you save on toners is more than worth it.
Set up is so easy that anyone could do it and be printing within a few minutes. This kind of ease also extends to when the toner needs to be changed or filled.
It should also be noted that this printer can handle larger jobs or larger amounts of documents that need to be printed at once. This makes it good for anyone that is either working in an office but needs the same capabilities at home.
2. HP F1J03A#B1H
The HP Officejet 4650 All-in-One is a great inkjet printer for anyone that wants seriously high quality printing without paying too much for the privilege.
The crispness of the images that are printed with this machine is perhaps the most impressive feature. The All-in-One features also work incredibly well.
While this may not be the fastest printer on the market, it is one that gets the job done well enough for any household printing or school printing that you might need to do.
3. Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA
If you want a printer that is small but will also look sleek in your office or at home then the Samsung Wireless Monochrome Printer is probably the one for you.
This machine will work quietly and will always produce amazing quality when printing documents or pictures. This printer will even pop out up to 21 pages in a minute, which really does make it the best printer under $100 when speed is important.
Everything about this model is easy; the setup, the toner changing and more.