Are you on the hunt for a new touch screen monitor? This type of technology is handy for nearly all demographics including adults in the workforce, parents, students and children. Whether this is your first experience with this type of technology or you’re looking to upgrade your current monitor, this guide will give you the details to make your selection process for the best touch screen monitor seamless.
Things to Consider with Touch Screen Monitors
- Maintenance. Will your touch screen be used by just one person or many? Consider your own smart phone and the finger smudges that follow and multiply that by the number of users. Keep in mind that your touch screen monitor may need a little bit of housekeeping to keep it print-free.
- Location. It’s important to consider the physical placement of your monitor. Do you prefer your screen to be right in front of you? Off to the side? Your screen should be placed in a location where you can easily reach out and touch it.
- Usage. What types of software and applications do you most frequently use on your PC? Touch screen monitors can make certain games more enjoyable and interactive for kids and adults alike, not to mention, little hands often have a much easier time navigating with touch instead of a traditional mouse. Additionally, they provide the same type of flexibility that tablets offer in navigating the web, sifting through documents and photos, or making point-of-sale purchases.
Top 10 Best Touch Screen Monitor Chart
To help you find the best touch screen monitor to suit your needs, here are a few other things.
- Large Screen vs. Small Screen. Depending on what you’re using your touch screen monitor for, size will be a factor. For example, if you are a graphic artist, you may want to consider a smaller-screen that has the ability to lay flat on a surface as larger screens need to sit on a base or be mounted. Also, smaller screens allow for portability between the home and workplace. However, larger screens are more advantageous for better visibility with documents, photos, gaming, and using the internet.
- Business vs Home. For retail business, smaller screens that are designed for point-of-sale transactions are usually the best option, while in the office or in the home, the larger screens may be more useful. The larger screen will be easier to view pictures, documents, work with applications, navigate the web, and play games.
- Versatility of Touch Screen Monitors. In addition to connecting to a desktop computer, most of the touch screen monitors have multiple ports that allow you to connect your smart phone or tablet. This plug and play technology allows you to instantly view content on your devices without having to download extra drivers or software. Although it is possible to do the same with some standard monitors, the process is not as easy.
Top 3 Best Touchscreen Monitors Reviews
The Dell S2216M is the highest-rated touch screen monitor as indicated by other consumers. The price for the monitor tends to fall mid-range of all the products out there, and its moderate size of 22.5 inches makes it large enough for easy viewing, but not so unwieldy that it takes up a huge amount of space in your home or office.
Its easy set-up – just plug in your PC using a USB cord and an HDMI cable (both come with the monitor) – makes the process simple and stress-free. It also comes with an adjustable base that allows you to keep the screen upright like a traditional monitor or adjust angle of the base to feel more like you are working on a tablet. If you prefer to mount your monitor to the wall or an arm, the base is easily removed.
It features an anti-glare monitor, a 16:9 aspect ratio, 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution, a 6ms response time and it is capable of displaying millions of colors that allow you to see photos is the most realistic way possible (8,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio).
Overall, the Dell S2216M is the best investment if you’re in the market for a new touch screen monitor.
The ViewSonic is slightly larger than the Dell S2240T, but falls within the same price range. The model utilizes two-point technology, meaning it will allow you to use two fingers on the screen at the same time.
The ViewSonic comes standard with 8H hardness, which means it’s resistant to scratches. This is a huge plus, especially if you have children whose fingers will poke, paint, and play on the screen.
The sturdy base allows for all the connectivity you need to your PC, tablet, smart phone or other electronic devices and also includes separate USB ports on the monitor itself. The HD resolution and built-in speakers provide a vivid display of color and sharp sound quality that will enhance your experience.
In short, the versatile ViewSonic TD2220 is a perfect option for busy households or businesses that will have multiple users on one computer.
The sturdy framework, solid base and compact design of the Elo 1000 series make it the perfect touch screen monitor for businesses, especially those who need to process transactions. Although the price is on the higher end of the scale, the portability and versatility of its 15-inch size make it worth the extra money. For those business owners who prefer to have a device that is more permanent, the Elo monitor can be affixed to a tabletop or desk, ensuring the safety of the equipment.
This monitor can be connected to your standard electronic devices and can also be paired with other business devices such as printers and credit card machines. Consumer who have purchased the Elo said that they were able to use this monitor for years with no problems.
To summarize, the Elo 1000 Series is a powerful design that will help streamline the way you process and track money that flows in and out your business.