"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
Though laptops can prove to be handy for people who need to work or entertainment when they are on the go, it does not mean that desktops do not have their own place. There are many circumstances in which a desktop may be preferable and more useful than another device, whether for the home or office.
If you have a dedicated location for your PC, then a desktop is likely to meet your needs and may offer more power than a laptop.
By using our handy guide, you can determine which are the best desktops in order to ensure that you will be satisfied with your choice and that it will match your requirements.
Top 10 Desktops Ultimate Table
Components of the Best Desktops to be Considered
- Hard Drive. The hard drive is the component that that determines the extent of the power and capabilities of your PC, so it is important that this will be sufficient to cope with all the tasks for which you want it.
- Keyboard. If you spend a significant amount of time at the computer, you know that it is essential that you use a suitable keyboard. This will not only help to prevent the delays that can occur from trying to use an ineffective keyboard, but can also result in the type of injury that arises from repeated actions. Make sure you obtain a keyboard that is suited to your use and that you use it properly.
- Mouse. While touchscreens have their place, some people may prefer to use a mouse as it is easier and sometimes a more reliable method of controlling the PC. Like a keyboard, a mouse can be ergonomically designed to ensure it suits the user in terms of factors, such as palm size and dominant side.
- Monitor. The style and size of the monitor will play a part in the usability of the PC whether it is used for work or gaming. In addition, it is prudent to determine whether the monitor can be adjusted so that you will be able to use it comfortably no matter what your height.
- Individually Purchased. All-in-one desktops are widely available on the market, but it is also possible to create a PC by purchasing the components separately. Further, if you are keen on getting a bargain when you make a purchase, you need to consider whether you are prepared to shop around in order to get the best price.
3 Best Desktops Reviews
The receipt of the package for this Apple iMac alone was enough to get me a little excited, as I was keen to see how well it worked. In addition to this, it is just aesthetically pleasing that it makes you want it.
I wasn’t disappointed after I unpacked it as it looked as good as I expected.
All white apart from the black frame around the screen, it looks very striking and works well in a minimalist environment.
The monitor has a stand that allows you to immediately position it where you want to set it up. The keyboard and mouse also allow for this because they are both wireless and the package includes the batteries, so I did not have to scramble around searching for some.
The only cord needed is the power cord, which is a refreshing change for someone who has had to endure the hassle of what seems like endless cables and cords of standard desktops.
I got the 27 inch screen, which is a decent size and works well for work and gaming.
This desktop is particularly good for gaming because it has 8GB onboard and has Intel HD Graphics 5000.
An excellent desktop that comes with everything you need to immediately get started with work or play.
You cannot get away from the fact that it just looks stylish. I know that the capabilities of a desktop are the most important consideration, but that doesn’t mean you cannot also have something that looks good.
The LG ChromeBase satisfies this need for a desktop that works well and is also nice to look at. It is all white and I prefer this color for the keyboard because the keys stand out more, which is beneficial for those of us that do not touch-type.
It is slim line and compact as the monitor does not comprise any unnecessary embellishments. Similarly, the keyboard is compact. Even the base of the monitor stand is small, so that it does not require too much space on the desk.
The monitor is only 22 inches, but the size was sufficient for me in using it for work or computer games.
It has a 16GB drive and free Google Cloud. Though it is not compatible with Microsoft Office, but has its own comparable version, which takes a little getting used to, but is OK.
A great desktop for a wide range of uses, though it is not compatible with standard well-known programs.
I had high hopes for this Apple iMac as the brand is rather ubiquitous, so their products need to live up to expectations.
The package comes with everything you need to get it set up and immediately using it, with each piece slicker than the last.
The stand for the monitor is so thin that it does not look like it should be able to support the monitor, but it does perfectly and it can be angled into a comfortable position.
The keyboard and mouse are both wireless and really light, not comprising any unnecessary attachments.
The picture on the screen is clear with a high resolution making the graphics rich and bright.
The 500GB hard drive offers more than enough space and it was easy to use.
Amongst the best desktops on the market with an excellent level of capability.